Why you should get plants during COVID lockdowns
You know that feeling when you’re in a room and it doesn’t feel like home? You don't have anything to feed your mind, or the walls are too boring. Some of us have this feeling for a long time before getting our first houseplants. Now, every day is different because there's always something new happening with the plants! They're just so cute and they make us happy all the time. Plants are also awesome because they naturally purify air which can be really important during COVID lockdowns (which happen way more often than most people realise). If you haven't yet invested in some lush greenery for your space, now would be a good time to start looking into getting some houseplants! Here's why you should get plants during COVID lockdowns:
- Plants are a great way to make your home feel more alive by literally adding living things into your environment. If you live alone or stay in your room a lot all the time, it can get a little lonely. Buying houseplants to keep you company during lockdown can help you maintain better moods at home if you’re looking for a neat hobby to take part in.
- Getting plants during COVID lockdown will give you something to do. If you’re feeling down in the dumps or just need that little something to give you some joy in your monotonous life, houseplants will introduce a fair bit of responsibility that adds a touch of meaning and much needed motivation if you’re lacking it. A lot of growth can happen during weeks of lockdown.
- Having plants in your home is good for the environment, and they don't need to be watered every day. Taking in carbon dioxide and providing humanity with oxygen? Shut up and take my money!
- Plants can help with allergies by absorbing dust and pollen from the air. There are air purifying plants that can clean the air of toxins. Having houseplants at home is more than just having the benefit of aesthetics or mental wellbeing, but also long term physical health from a cleaner home environment.
- Adding plants into your life can improve mental health by reducing stress levels and increasing happiness. According to a study by Plant Life Balance, it has been shown that plants in the home aid with two major advantages: wellbeing and air quality. Not only that, the colour green is great to look at when resting our eyes from extended periods of time looking at our phones, tablets or computer screens.
- Plants are easy on a budget - it's not necessary to get expensive ones that require lots of care! Just choose the ones you can afford and think look good. You don’t have to buy the super expensive variegated plants that cost hundreds each. These will give you much more stress having to worry about their survival all the time, so buy what you can happily afford.
Stay relaxed and invest in your wellbeing and health by getting more plants during COVID lockdowns so that you can build the perfect home environment for optimal productivity and focus. Plants are a really fun hobby to get into and there’s no better time than now!