Interview with a Plant Parent: Yvonne
1. Tell us a little about yourself!
My name is Yvonne, [and I'm] based in Melbourne.
2. What got you into the plant hobby?
Got into plants during Covid, with all the stress being away from parents and my partner for a long period of time. I started to collect plants from Bunnings to getting myself into rare plants. I guess safe to say "Bye bye money 🤣👋🏼"
3. What is your most favourite indoor plant you have at the moment?
My fav still gotta be my Monstera. My first rare plant I bought was the Thai monstera and second it will be the Philodendron billietiae that my partner got me when he was away.
4. What is the next indoor plant in your wishlist?
I just bought 4 plants in the past few weeks. I might wait a bit 🤣 I am 80% serious about not buying. I guess my dream plant will be variegated billietiae.
5. Share with us one or more of your best plant care tips.
Best care tips:
- Make the right plant friends will jump in when you need help
- Don't freak out when you see roots rot. It doesn't always mean you need to cut everything.
- Just chill 🙌🏽
Follow Yvonne's plant journey on IG: @rattysplant
If you'd like to be featured as a Plant Parent, please feel free to contact us :)