Interview with a Plant Parent: Madelen
1. Tell us a little about yourself!
I am a Sydney based forensic scientist and a PhD candidate. My partner and I have two rescue Jack Russells, Yoko and Nugget. I love to cook and bake, and I can’t wait to be able to travel again.
2. What got you into the plant hobby?
About three years ago, I became really fascinated with how diverse plants are and the vibe they create in any space. So naturally, I had to have plants in every room in our house, and that got me into collecting plants.
3. What is your most favourite indoor plant you have at the moment?
Has to be my monstera brazilian common form!
4. What is the next indoor plant in your wishlist?
An anthurium forgetii (pure).
5. Share with us one or more of your best plant care tips
For me, plants are great for my mental health, but sometimes having too many plants can be overwhelming. What I’ve learnt is that it’s OK for your plants not to be your priority. Sometimes things get in the way and your plants may not be as happy, and that’s OK. It’s most important to look after yourself.
Follow Madelen's plant journey on IG: @indoorwild
If you'd like to be featured as a Plant Parent, please feel free to contact us :)