Interview with a Plant Parent: Claudia
1. Tell us a little about yourself!
My name's Claudia and I study Plant genetics. My research focus is medicinal cannabis and the ways it could potentially be used as a legal therapy drug.
2. What got you into the plant hobby?
My nona is the reason why I got into plants! She taught me everything I know 🥰
3. What is your most favourite indoor plant you have at the moment?
My current favourite indoor plant is Maranta leuconeura massangeana (Black Maranta)
4. What is the next indoor plant in your wishlist?
I’m currently on the hunt for an established Philodendron Atabapoense.
5. Share with us one or more of your best plant care tips.
My biggest plant tip is mix your own soil! My go to is: 1 part succulent mix, 1 part orchid bark, 1/2 perlite. (Sometimes i chuck in a cup of charcoal 🥰)
Follow Claudia's plant journey on IG: @brokenterracotta
If you'd like to be featured as a Plant Parent, please feel free to contact us :)